Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Troubleshooting tips???

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Troubleshooting tips???
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 21:41:47 -0700

On Sunday 30 Mar 2003 6:53 pm, Chris Weiss wrote:
> Izzy Blacklock (address@hidden) wrote:
> >On Thursday 27 Mar 2003 8:33 pm, Izzy Blacklock wrote:
> >> What is the best way to produce output to a file?  I need something that
> >> I can add anywhere without it effecting the rest of the code.  Something
> >> like a simple fprintf function in C.
> >
> >I managed to find _an_ answer to this myself.  fopen, fputs, fclose.  Is
> > this the best way to go about it?
>
> there is also the vfs class...

Thanks Chris, I'll look into it.  Is it documented anywhere?

> >> Are there any logging facilities in phpgw?  How about debugging options?
> >> Are there any tips for troubleshooting problems with phpgw that are
> >> worth documenting?
>
> there is a logging facility, though i have never looked into how to use it.

Anyone else able to volunteer some details?

> For trouble shooting I firts turn on any available debug levels in the app
> in question then use strategicaly placed echo's with print_r's to help
> figure it out

I'm guessing these are php commands.  I'll check them out.  Do you mean
phpgwApps or supporting apps (ie apache/postgresql)?  I haven't looked for
any debug levels in the phpgwApps.  How about the phpgwAPI?  Are there any
debugging facilities there?  I'm aware of the debugging facilities for the
supporting apps.

Forgive me if I'm asking questions which are documented.  I haven't read the
developer docs yet.

...Izzy