Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Update: Ldap auth problems...

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Update: Ldap auth problems...
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 12:44:05 -0700

On Sunday 30 Mar 2003 10:55 am, Izzy Blacklock wrote:

> Okay, My session is not being created.  I've found my way into
> class.sessions_php4.inc.php trying to trace though the problem.  I'm
> getting output as I expected (thanks for the print() tip above, much easier
> then creating a log file!), until line 359.  Here's a snip; reformatting
> and print() commands added by me:
>
> --------------  8< ------------------
> if ((!$GLOBALS['phpgw']->accounts->exists($this->account_lid)) && $GLOBALS[
> 'phpgw_info']['server']['auto_create_acct'] == True)
>   {
>     print("Account Doesn't exist and auto Create set<p>");
>     $this->account_id = $GLOBALS['phpgw']->accounts->auto_add($this->ac
> count_lid, $passwd);
>     }
> else
>    {
>      print("Account Doesn't exist and auto Create NOT set<p>");
>      $this->account_id = $GLOBALS['phpgw']->accounts->name2id($this->acc
> ount_lid);
>    }
> ---------------- 8< ---------------------------------------
>
> If I read this correctly, it's checking if an account doesn't exist and if
> auto create is true.  What caught me off guard is that I DO have auto
> create set to true and I still end up in the else section.  Is autocreate
> not used when LDAP accounts are set?

Disregard this.  I was reading it wrong.  exists() returns none-zero when the
account exists, which means the check for autocreate isn't done and the else
code is processed.  If the account doesn't exist then the check for
autocreate _is_ done.  I'm guessing name2id must return 0 if the account
doesn't exist to deal with the account not existing and autocreate not being
set?  No matter, mine does so I'll keep digging.

...Izzy

...Izzy