[Phpgroupware-users] Issues with initial install and configuration

From: Robert Adkins II
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Issues with initial install and configuration
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:49:20 -0500

Hello All,

        I have started to install phpgroupware, but have run into a snag
of some kind. The system that I am attempting this initial "test"
install on is running Red Hat 8.0 along with MySQL 3.23.52-3, Apache
2.0.

        My install of Apache is the default Red Hat install and appears
to be working fine, the same goes for MySQL.

        Following the instructions, I have uncompressed the phpgroupware
package, moved the resulting structure into the www root, moved into
that directory and ran the cvs update.

        After running that update, I followed the remaining directions
and it talks about setting up the header.inc.php file. There are no
instructions about what needs to be modified within the file, or if
anything needs to be modified within the file. Is this something that is
automatically configured when connecting to
http://localhost/phpgroupware/setup ? If so, then I likely have the
permissions set wrong for the file.

        So, I continue and setup the permissions on everything as best
as I can follow, based on the HOWTO. After getting everything configured
I received and error stating that there was an error at line 37 of the
header.inc.php file.

        I have been stuck since reaching that point.

        What am I missing?

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer