Re: [Phpgroupware-users] default settings for new users

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] default settings for new users
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:44:57 +0100

Mandi! Brian Johnson
  In chel di` si favelave...

> >My system uses LDAP to do so: Auth is done against LDAP and phpgw
> >accounts are created automaticaly when the user logs in first. LDAP
> >accounts are used for email and shell access (via pam_ldap) too.

> Any pointers to urls on how to set up such a system?
> I think you're running linux .. what distro?

I'm running debian GNU/Linux woody, and i've setup a similar system
with no problem at all.

I've simply followed some of the many text that explain how to migrate
UNIX account to LDAP, add the phpgw schema to ldap server and import
the account.
[i can be more precise, if you want, and post an URI, but is in
italian. ;]

Now i'm using phpgw to create the account, and a bit of GQ (an ldap
client) to fine tune some information.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

                Firma contro l'approvazione dell'EUCD
        http://softwarelibero.it/progetti/eucd/firme/adesione.php