Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Totalnewb: Help with install on OSX please: Se

From: SimonMartin
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Totalnewb: Help with install on OSX please: Setting up header file
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:58:39 +0000

Guys,

I'm sorry about this but things are going from bad to worse...

As I couldn't get things going before, I started from scratch and did the setup of mySQL through the Terminal as described in the setup docs, rather than use phpMyAdmin.

The docs say to open the 'setup' file. I have no such file but I do have a directory by that name and within that I have 'setup_demo.php'. Previously I did get a useful page up when I clicked on this link but now all I get is:

Warning: main(localhost/phpgwapi/setup/setup.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /Library/WebServer/Documents/phpgroupware/header.inc.php on line 117

Warning: main() [function.main]: Failed opening 'localhost/phpgwapi/setup/setup.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /Library/WebServer/Documents/phpgroupware/header.inc.php on line 117

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Library/WebServer/Documents/phpgroupware/header.inc.php:117) in /Library/WebServer/Documents/phpgroupware/setup/setup_demo.php on line 28

I swear I have read the docs. It's my inexperience with permissions etc which is tripping me up I suspect. I'm not clear on how to set all the relevant directories to 'world writable' for a start. I don't get any errors when I follow the instructions in the docs but I can't help thinking that this is the issue.

Or perhaps the fact that I'm using the entrophy distribution?

Hope someone can help me through this...

Simon

Simon Martin
London Uk