[Phpgroupware-users] security/passwords

From: Ralf Utermann
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] security/passwords
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:41:55 +0100

Hi,

two questions concerning passwords in phpgw:

- it looks like phpgw keeps the passwords' md5-hash in its
  phpgw_accounts table even if I authenticate against email.
  In this case I would prefer that phpgw doesn't keep it -- is
  this configurable somewhere?

- The users' passwords during a session are kept in the
  the kp3 cookie, right? How does the encrypt/decrypt work?
  If I never use an application like email (and thus, the
  password is never needed) does phpgw nevertheless store it
  in the cookie? Could one add an option to set set 'secure flag'
  on this cookie?

Bye, Ralf
--
        Ralf Utermann
        Universität Augsburg, Institut für Physik   --   EDV-Betreuer