Re: [Phpgroupware-users] default settings for new users

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] default settings for new users
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:43:08 +0000

mail users only have anything to do with system users if you are using a unix
mail
server and happen to use the default where system users are mail users.  In
reality
IMAP has nothing to do with unix and system users, unix IMAP servers simply and
commonly use the unix system users for a user database because it's there, but
not
always.

Please understand that this is supposed to be a flexable and fully cross
platform
application so one cannot assume the use of things like unix system users and
cron
and other just things that are not only platform specific but also tend to
slightly
vary from version and distrobution amoungst that platform.