[Phpgroupware-users] Problems getting ldap auth working...

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems getting ldap auth working...
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 00:25:05 -0700

Thanks to everyone who've tried to help so far.  Sadly, I'm still having
problems. I was hoping that the new release 9.14.002 would have made a
difference but it hasn't.  It did correct an issue I found with the older
version, but nothing critical and unlikely related to my problem at hand.

I was able to finely get an error message though.  I tried creating the
default admin and guest accounts and got the following output:

------------------ 8< ----------------------------------

Warning: ldap_add(): Add: Object class violation in
/mnt/hda7/www/phpgroupware-0.9.14.002/phpgwapi/inc/class.accounts_ldap.inc.php
on line 756

Warning: ldap_add(): Add: Object class violation in
/mnt/hda7/www/phpgroupware-0.9.14.002/phpgwapi/inc/class.accounts_ldap.inc.php
on line 756

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at
/mnt/hda7/www/phpgroupware-0.9.14.002/phpgwapi/inc/class.accounts_ldap.inc.php:756)

in /mnt/hda7/www/phpgroupware-0.9.14.002/setup/setup_demo.php on line 217

It looks likes like a promissing lead.  I'll have to follow up with it
tomorrow.  Right now my eyes are too heavy to start digging through source
code to make heads or tail of the errors.  I did manage to find this
unanswered message from Wayne Ringling with the exact same problem though.

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/phpgroupware-users/2003-01/msg00154.html

Wayne:  if your listening, did you manage to find a solution to this problem?

...Izzy