Re: [Phpgroupware-users] ldap auth help/documents

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] ldap auth help/documents
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:21:20 -0700

On Monday 24 Mar 2003 7:28 am, Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> Mandi! Izzy Blacklock
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
> > Dump & reload the LDAP database?  Is this necessary?  I have added the
> > phpgw schema's to my slapd.conf file and have restarted the ldap server.
> > I was able to manually add phpgw elements to my own user account without
> > any problems.
>
> AFAIK if you modify the schema, like adding a piece, you have to dump
> the database, stop the slapd server, delete all file in spool
> (/var/lib/ldap in debian), restart the server and populate back the db.

Really!?  Perhaps this is where my problem lies.    I have to admit I'm new to
LDAP servers myself and don't know either way, but this doesn't sound right
to me.  This would make adding functionality to an existing ldap server more
work then is should be.  I'm guessing I should do a slapcat to dump the data
and a slapadd to restore it?  I'll give it a try.

Can anyone else verify that this is needed?  This doesn't sound right to me
and I'd hate to missinform people in the howto document I'm working on.
(Sorry to doubt you Marco, but you don't sound sure and if I'm going to
document this, I want to be sure!)

> > If you have a working phpgw+LDAP auth system, would you mind providing me
> > with the ldapsearch output from one of your phpgw users and your phpgw
> > groups? I'd like to compare it to what I have.
>
> dn: uid=gaio,ou=People,dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it
> phpgwAccountType: u
> uid: gaio
> uidNumber: 1000
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> objectClass: posixAccount
> objectClass: phpgwAccount
> creatorsName: cn=admin,dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it
> createTimestamp: 20021128113338Z
> telephoneNumber: 792
> title: dott.
> mail: address@hidden
> userPassword:: secret ;)
> phpgwAccountLastLogin: 1046778128
> phpgwAccountLastLoginFrom: 10.5.1.5
> gidNumber: 1004
> cn: Marco Gaiarin
> sn: Gaiarin
> givenName: Marco
> phpgwAccountStatus: A
> phpgwAccountExpires: -1
> homeDirectory: /home/gaio
> loginShell: /bin/bash
> physicalDeliveryOfficeName: CED
> modifiersName: cn=admin,dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it
> modifyTimestamp: 20030311111548Z

The manual entries I made to my account look similar.  I am missing the
phpgwAccountExpires, phpgwAccountLastLogin, and phpgwAccountLastLoginFrom
elements.  Obviousely the last two wouldn't have valid data until after a
login occurred, but do they need to exist before for phpgw to function
correctly?  Should I set them to something like -1?  How about the
phpgwAccountExpires element?  Does it need to exist?

...Izzy