[Phpgroupware-users] Weirdness with AddressBook and Infolog

From: Robert Dick
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Weirdness with AddressBook and Infolog
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:16:58 -0800

Hi, all:

I've submitted this request under "Questions" on savannah so I apologize if this is a dupw for anyone involved.

I have loaded phpgw 0.9.14.001-1 on a RH8 platform which has been patched up-to-date from RHN. I have been able to successfully install and configure phpgw against both postgres and mysql on the machine. The apps I'm using are email, addressbook, calendar and infolog. All is good.

My problem is when I try to recreate the installation on another machine I get errors out of infolog whenever I attempt to make an entry in forlog or I make an entry in addressbook (which updates a link to infolog). When I attempt the entry to infolog the screen just flashes back to the main phpgw screen; when I attempt an entry to addressbook I receive an sql error from infolog but the addressbook entry is made correctly.

I have tried everything that I can think of to get phpgw to work properly on the other machine: reloaded RH (both 7 & 8, same results); copied the phpgw tree from the "working" machine to the other machine; copied the database files from the working machine to the other machine; replaced the phpgw tree with the latest tree from CVS; tried various php releases; tried a different PEAR; the list goes on and on.

The working machine has had php and pear massaged repeatedly but, as best I can tell, it is now running the latest RPM's from RH for php.

The sql error follows (if it helps):
Database error: Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM phpgw_infolog WHERE (info_owner=3 OR info_owner IN (3) OR (info_access='public' AND info_owner IN(3))) AND info_addr_id=
PostgreSQL Error: 1 (ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "" )

File: /var/www/html/phpgroupware/infolog/inc/class.soinfolog.inc.php
Line: 290

Session halted.

I would appreciate any help that anyone might be able to offer (and my apologies to Ralf Becker for being so impatient). I know the resolution is probably exceedingly simple but I have an installation that really wants to use infolog and addressbook as they "work" on the working machine and I have run out of ideas on how to fix this.

Robert

--

Robert Dick
Technical Services Manager