Re: [Phpgroupware-users] gnu server extremely slow

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] gnu server extremely slow
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:46:00 +1100

"Dirk H. Schulz" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi to the developpers/maintainers,
>
> the gnu servers are extremely slow since quite a while. A simple
> cvs update
> of a 0.9.14.001 release seems to take hours (30 minutes now, and
> it is
> still at the letter "c") although America is still asleep now. :-)
> In
> German evenings I often get only timeouts from the savannah web
> server.
> Do you have any information on what the problem is and when it
> will be
> solved?

There is this ....
https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=1634 and also ....
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/phpgroupware-users/2003-03/msg00084.html

Hopefully when i wake up the locks will be gone, as we find them we ask
for them to be removed.

> Or are there any possibilities of porting to a different
> cvs server?

No we are a gnu project and so are using the savannah.gnu.org cvs server

> Just wondering. It is quite a problem working with that at the moment.

It is a problem for all of us - please bare with us.