Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: A stupid problem with sitemgr...

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: A stupid problem with sitemgr...
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:23:03 +0100

Mandi! address@hidden
  In chel di` si favelave...

> > PS: please, say me how can i force in setup the correct installation of
> > sitemgr!
> I do not understand, what values do you have problems with?

You are right, it is better to go back to start.

I've decided to put phpgw from testing into ``production'', so
i've decided to delete all data and do a new installation, also for
testing the LDAP setup, as you can see with all the messages posted past
days. Clearly i've just updated by cvs all the phpgw installation.

So i've looked into the database, and i've found that not all tables,
indices and triggers was deleted, and i've issue the command:

        drop table phpgw_sitemgr_blocks;
        drop sequence seq_phpgw_sitemgr_blocks;
        drop sequence seq_phpgw_sitemgr_categories_la;

Then i've reinstalled all the application, also sitemgr, with no
problem (no error in ``post installation'' page, the page that print
the log of installation process).
But if i go back to setup module, application installation, they say me
that sitemgr was not correctly installed, precisely:

 SiteMgr Web Content Manager is broken because of a failed upgrade or
 install.
 Some or all of its tables are missing.
 You should either uninstall and then reinstall it, or attempt manual
 repairs.

Because i was starting from zero, i've also tried to uninstall and
then reinstall sitemanager, but reinstallation failed because some
tables in uninstall are not deleted, as above.
With some manual drop into the database i've reinstalled sitemgr (again
with no error in post installation page).

Again setup module say me that ``Some or all of its tables are
missing''.

Note that sitemanager work *perfectly*. ;)

So, apart fixing the bug, i'm asking if i can simply fake setup module,
forcing the correct installation of sitemanager.

I hope i was clear now.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

                          Difendiamo PeaceLink!
     Campagna di solidarietà per la tutela legale di una voce scomoda.
                   http://www.peacelink.it/emergenza/