Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Source??

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Source??
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 00:45:20 +0000

You seem to be very new to PHP, might wanna have a look at php.net.  PHP is a
scripting language, like Perl, so it doesn't get compiled.  Ever.

The how-to's should be back on the web page soon, but here's the one I wrote
for .14
http://free-source.com/files/phpgw-howto.html  That should help you some in
getting
up and running.

For the "no db support", you need to install the php module to enable php to
support
the db you are using.  For mysql look for php-mysql, for postgres use php-pgsql
and
so on.

Arron Svendsen (address@hidden) wrote*:

>Ok im trying to get the source to install from now, and at
http://www.phpgroupware.org/downloads_phpgw/ i got the most recent version.
Well it
seems to be a  precompiled version, with no source (the .tar.gz format), and no
source to be found. As well there is no readme so im in the dark on what to do.
When
it loads i get the no DB suport again. I have php4 installed (debian package)
and
postgresql and mysql.