Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Another data base problem...

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Another data base problem...
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:01:46 +0000

the deb phpgw packages are old.  It's recomended to use the tarball and use php4
instead of php3.

Despite all that, the error you're getting is because you haven't enabled mysql
or
postgres support in php yet.  There are php-mysql and a php-pgsql packages, and
then
you should make sure the module is enabled in your php.ini.

Arron Svendsen (address@hidden) wrote*:

>Hello
>I got phpgroupware installed form the packages in debian (kernel 2.4.2), with
>both
mysql and postgresql, with the php3-mysql and php3-postgre (as well the cgi
suport),
but i still get the message cant find any database suport in the /setup/. That
was
the other night when i last left it, and the setup screen would come up and log
in,
the day after i got a
>Warning: Failed opening
>'/usr/share/phpgroupware//phpgwapi/inc/class.db_.inc.php'
for inclusion in ./inc/class.setup.inc.php on line 42
>Fatal error: db is not a class in ./inc/class.setup.inc.php on line 43
>Now it seems the setup runs fine the day after that, but no database suport...
>No MySQL support found. DisablingNo Postgres-DB support found. DisablingNo
Microsoft SQL Server support found. DisablingNo Oracle-DB support found.
Disabling
>Im really missen something here, can i get some help please? For both this
>error
and the no db suport? Id love to get this up and running, i have read all the
limited docs that i can find, and installed all of the required packages for
it. I
would prefer to get the package based one going, other than the compile to keep
it
simple while i work on it.
>Thanks for any possible help
>
>From the Sinai Arron
>check out my pics, there is always new ones :-) http://arron.dnip.net MSN 8
>helps
ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES.  Get 2 months FREE*.