Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: phpWebHosting DOC and PDF problems

From: John Curtis
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: phpWebHosting DOC and PDF problems
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:31:19 +0000

I understand about apache 2, but so far this is the only problem I have run
into that I was not able to resolve with it.  I know that many people are
having problems with it.  I guess I am one of them.

I will plan to build another server using an earlier version of apache.
I will let you know how it goes......

As for the test files I can still upload them somewhere as Michael suggested if
anyone would like to see what I am talking about, or if anyone would like to
troublshoot this further.....

I will plan to post the URL as soon as they are available........

Thanks for all of the help........

Any way I can help let me know.........

Chris Weiss (address@hidden) wrote:

>DOH!  I just noticed your using apache 2!  sorry, but even the php guys say RH
>jumped the gun on this one.  Apache2 still has some outstanding issues with
>modules, most notibly various problems interacting with the filesystem.  Maybe
>this
>is the trouble?
>
>address@hidden wrote*:
>>
>>I do not see this problem either, but it reminds me of another bug in
>>phpwebhosting, which might be related. The size shown in the file list
>>is systematically the double of the real size.
>>To debug your problem, could you test with a small doc or pdf size,
>>and post the file you uploaded and the one after download to a URL, so
>>that we can compare them?
>>
>>Michael
>>
>>"John Curtis" <address@hidden> a écrit:
>>
>>> Please forgive if this is a known issue and is answered somewhere in the
>archives,
>>> but I have searched for a while and have not seen anything related to this.
>also
>>> searched the bug reports, but no luck.
>>>
>>> If someone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.
>>>
>>> I am running:
>>>
>>> RH 8.0 fully updated
>>> kernel 2.4.18-24.8.0
>>> Apache (httpd) 2.0.40-11
>>> PHP 4.2.2
>>> MySQL 3.23.54a-4
>>> phpGroupWare 0.9.14.001
>>>
>>> If you need more info on what I am running I will be glad to supply it.
>>>
>>> I am able to upload files of different types, but when I upload .DOC or .PDF
>files
>>> their size is automatically increased.  For example if I upload a 438k PDF
>>> file
>>> to /HOME/JCURTIS and I check it through ssh I find that the file size is
>>> 862k.
>>> Then if I download the file it retains its size of 862k and will not open in
>>> Adobe Acrobat Reader.  Acrobat Reader reports that the file is corrupt.
However,