Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Just some questions

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Just some questions
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:54:31 +0000

Andre Barende (address@hidden) wrote*:

>The first thing is that I need to know is how active the project is running.
>Just
>the things like how often there are new releases or bug fixes etc. The last
>release I saw was 0.9.14.001 in 2002-11-24 (sourceforgenet). Is there a new
>one to
>be expected?

I belive we are aiming for another .14 service release next month...or was it
May?
Someone will correct me if I am wrong...

Has it really been that long since .14.001?  How time flies...

Bug fixes are commited to a stable cvs branch for current releases as they are
fixed, it's quite easy to keep up to date that way as the stable branch is
"always
working" and easy to get since php needs no compiling.

>The second thing is what is the goal of the project group? Are there plans to
>add
>more modules or take over the M$ Outlook market;)

More modules are added as they fit in, it would be nice to have some new people
maintain some the modules that was fallen tot he wayside.  The goal is much less
specific than "replace Outlook", which, IMO, can never be done.  Outlook alone
is
just a client, and it is feasable that someday Outlook could conect to phpgw in
the
same way it connects to Exchange, and some have already made modules to sync
phpgw
with an Outlook client.  Replacing Exchange would be a more accurate goal, but
we
already do things that even Exchange cannot.