Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Howto optimize phpgw for speed

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Howto optimize phpgw for speed
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 18:16:27 +0000

Dan Kuykendall (address@hidden) wrote*:
>mailbox contents was often impossible. However with PHP4 sessions we no
>longer have that issue (btw I may work to yank db sessions in the next
>version since it offers very little benefit and causes lots of hassles).

um, php4 sessions are not a great solution either there is a still a limit
without
affecting performance, and it's not persistable.  Angles is using a table for
the
important parts of the headers, and is planning on implementing a file cache to
compliment that for the raw emails.  This will also allow for some very fast and
flexable sorting and filtering.

I'd like to ask that DB sessions remain, scalability!  With db sessions and no
cookies you can have a true load balanced server farm and it won't matter which
web
server handles which request, the session is with the data so it can "restore"
the
users sessions on any web server with the right sessionsid.  With php4 sessions
you're screwed.