Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Bug #407...

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Bug #407...
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:16:45 +1100

Chris Weiss <address@hidden> wrote:

> If you open that file and look, the error is trying to call a
> method of an email
> class, installing the email app should fix this, I don't think you
> need to config
> it, just install it.
>
> Maybe calendar needs to be dependant on email in setup?

Hmmm, maybe, but that would mean that you must have email installed in
order to use calendar at all.  What if not all users have an email account?

Anyway, my suggestions would be that if email is not installed then one
of 2 things is done:

* the send email notification is not displayed as a prefs option, and
silently set to false.

* The email notification is set to false with a message to the user
saying email is required to use this feature.

My 2c worth

Dave