[Phpgroupware-users] palmsync module

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] palmsync module
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:14:17 +1100

Hi all,

After some delay, many sleepless nights, a lot of abuse and other
hassles, I am proud to announce that the palmsync module has been sent
to my client as a dalpha (dodgy alpha).  I am awaiting approval for a
public release.

I will give you all a little run down on what should be available to you
in the dalpha:

* phpgw -> addressbook/contacts (need someone to test ldap contacts for me)
* phpgw -> notes
* no phpgw gui - that will come very soon tho

The 2 way sync will not be available due to a bug in coldsync 3.0-pre3
(my dev platform).  As soon as this is fixed the 2way sync will be
developed very quickly.

I hope to wake sometime tomorrow morning (very late) and find my client
is happy.  If this is the case it will be available in cvs asap.  I will
then add phpgw->cal/todo support asap.

I have a mental map of how this will be able to be used as a generic
sync interface for phpgw.  Hopefully it will be easy to develop sync
capabilties for palm, evo, lookout, syncML, pocket pc, C64 (j/k) etc

Anyways, thought you might be interested in my progress on this one :)
Gimme 24hrs and you should have something to run :)

Cheers

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)