Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Documentation (and other stuff)

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Documentation (and other stuff)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:51:03 +1100

Guillaume Courtois <address@hidden> wrote:

> >I agree.  Also we do have a great collection of docs, but these are
> >dated.  I would be interested to hear from anyone who is able to
> >coordinate the documentation effort.  We now have a i18n coordinator,
> >the 2 people could work together to get all our docs up to date and
> >translated.
> Ouh, that's me :)

Yep, sure is.

> Yes, I'm ready to cooperate with a documentation coordinator, that
> would be great to
> have uptodate AND translated documentations ! (people in France
> contact me for that
> often ...)

So do I and also believe that coordinating the transaltion work is a
full time job, and so too is coordinating the documentation effort.
There is overlap between the 2 roles, so the 2 people would need to work
closely together.

> >People should also be aware we currently have someone writing a new
> >manual for the next release.  I will keep you posted on his progress.
>
> It would be good if the manual could be written to be easily
> translated too, I don't
> think the actual one can ...

I have not kept fully upto date on the structure of the document but I
understand it is xml based.  I am also not sure what the deal is with
the screenshots, they may need to be generated in each language.  I will
try to get some more info for you, and others who are interested.

Cheers

Dave