Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: Sitemgr in .001

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: Sitemgr in .001
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:20:05 +0000

>I never uses the translation tools. It is not very difficult to edit

>the lang files on your own. Just start with file phpgw_en.lang.

>In every line that looks like

>add a category  sitemgr en      Add a category

>replace en with it and the last phrase with your translation. Take

>care to preserve tab characters between the four items on each line:

>1) the message identifier

>2) the application name (sitemgr or sitemgr-site)

>3) the lang string (it)

>4) the translation

The developer_tools module contains a translation tool. You just go there,
select
the application, then source file = phpgw_en.lang, target file = phpgw_it.lang,
click on send, modify the phrases for the translation, then click on write file
(right bottom of page) to write modifications to the phpgw_it.lang file, then
click
on write to lang table to update the lang tables in the DB. Then you should see
your
translations in the app.

When everything's ok, post the phpgw_it.lang file patch into savannah so I can
commit it to the cvs !