[Phpgroupware-users] Re: Help

From: C K Wu
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: Help
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:23:34 +0800

Hello, Aijaz,

Thank you for your interest in CK-Ledger.

A public demo site, http://ck-ledger.sourceforge.net/, is available
for test driving the various features of CK-Ledger.

After examining the various features of CK-Ledger, if you feel
CK-Ledger is appropriate for your task, the next step is
to build up your own installation of CK-Ledger.  Please refer
to the Installation Manual at the demo site for assistance.

The entry button (I presume you are referring to a submit button),
in your main page, can be established just like any standard html
submit button, ie,

<form method="POST" action=""http://url_to_ck-ledger/">http://url_to_ck-ledger/">
.
.
<input type="submit" name="post" value="accounting">
</form>

However, if you wish the entry button to link directly into
CK-Ledger without passing through the CK-Ledger's login
screen, then you would have to direct your question to
the mailing list, address@hidden, or
address@hidden  Since CK-Ledger
is implemented as modules running on top of phpgroupware,
CK-Ledger's login screen is actually phpgroupware's.
AFAIK, there are some issues to consider if you wish to
avoid phpgroupware's login screen and use your own
user authentication mechanism, especially if you are using ldap.

Cheers,
CK

[PS - I am forwarding this reply to address@hidden,
address@hidden and address@hidden
Some other developers may like to pitch in and offer more detail assistance.]

Aijaz Ahmed wrote:

Hello,

I am involved in developing a banking application, in which I want to use your ck-ledger program. The application is being developed using PHP and MySQL with Apache webserver in a Linux environment. I want to have a radio button called 'accounting' in my main page, when it is clicked, runs your program. How do I proceed to integrate your program into mine?

I am also looking forward to see how your program work in a browser. Could you please send me a link or the site where ck-ledger program in being used and is running.

Thank you,

Aijaz Ahmed

Do you Yahoo!?