Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: Sitemgr in .001

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: Sitemgr in .001
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:14:57 +0100

Mandi! address@hidden
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Can you update your install from CVS? where this problem is fixed.
> If you have problems using CVS editing file
> class.Categories_BO.inc.php and commenting out the line
> $rv = $db_so->convert_to_phpgwapi();
> also should solve the problem.

I've done the cvs update, now there's no error, but still i've no clue
at all.

I'm reading the installation instructions, and i'm very confused.

> 1) Go to the phpGroupWare setup program
> (http://yourmachine/phpgw-path/setup/) and install sitemgr and
> sitemgr-site.  Double check to make sure they are properly installed
> before continuing.

sitemgr-site is a directory inside sitemgr, so it is not installable.
I've to move ../ to be installable?! But they not contain a setup
directory, instead sitemgr-link do!

> 2) Log in to phpGroupWare as an admin and create an anonymous phpgw
> user and assign it a password.  The only app (I assume) that they
> should have access to is sitemgr-site.  sitemgr-site is a dummy
> application that redirects phpGW users to the generated site.

Ok, simple, done. But i think you are again writing sitemgr-site
instead of -link.

> 4) Move the sitemgr-site directory somewhere.  This is the directory
> that serves the dynamic web site.  The directory can be located
> anywhere.  For example, you could put it in /var/www/html.  You could
> make the root location of your web server point to it, if you wish (ie,
> http://yourmachine/ refers to /var/www/html/sitemgr-site).  Make a
> mental note of the directory where you put it and the url that it is
> accessed by.

?! How i can i move somewhere if they have to be ../ for installation?!
Also, config.inc seems doesn't contain password, instead seems they
read from DB.

Now i try to install without sitemgr-link, in any case seem that is not
really needed.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

                          Difendiamo PeaceLink!
     Campagna di solidarietà per la tutela legale di una voce scomoda.
                   http://www.peacelink.it/emergenza/