Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Inital LDAP Setup questions

From: Chris Hirsch
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Inital LDAP Setup questions
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 11:15:10 -0700

...but there's a plently of LDAP literature... ;)))

And I've been reading it :-) I can authenticate my unix accounts against LDAP (finally) but I can't seem to get an admin account working under phpgroupware using LDAP.

account and group context are, if you want the LDAP data avilable also
for user auth in the system, People and Group respectively, eg, for me:

dn: dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
o: Associazione La Nostra Famiglia San Vito al Tagliamento
dc: sv

dn: cn=admin,dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it
objectClass: organizationalRole
objectClass: simpleSecurityObject
cn: admin
userPassword:: pass ;)

dn: ou=People,dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: People

dn: ou=Group,dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: Group

but this is only a ``standard'', LDAP are very configurable. ;)

So you are saying that phpgroupware is *specifically* looking for a ou called People to store its users in and the group that phpgroupware is called Group? When doing the phpgroupware/setup/config.php what do I specfically need to put for the LDAP accounts context and LDAP groups context? In your case do you have ou=People,dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it for the accounts context and ou=Groups,dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it for the groups context?

My base problem is that I can't create and admin user from phpgroupware and I can't login using phpgroupware and the admin account if I fake it by manually adding an admin user to my LDAP server.

Ideas?

Thanks!

--
I doubt, therefore I might be.