Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Adding users to PhpGroupware easily??

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Adding users to PhpGroupware easily??
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 18:10:55 -0800

QMailLDAP should allow you to use OpenLDAP as the accounts database for Qmail. Then you can use phpGW's LDAP support for accounts as well and have them match up. Also in case you arent aware the IMAP server for Qmail is Courier-IMAP which we have support for (works like cyrus imap instead of uwash).

One peice of warning is that our LDAP support may not match up perfect and could require adjustments. We are redoing much of our account management to allow for greater stability but that wont show up until the next major version.

Overall I think it can work and would personally be interested in pitching in to help when you run into any issues, since I think this is an important thing for us to document and be able to support as a common environment. We are in need of a clean solution for this kind of thing.

One last hopeful comment is that I hope this can all work with Samba's LDAP support as well and maybe allow windows clients to share the same user/pass when they map to network shares. Wouldnt that be cool :-)

Seek3r

Wayne Ringling wrote:
 I was looking at PhpGroupware and have to say that it sure looks like a
great package.  Nice job guys !!!!

 Second,  is there a way to make it so that when you add a user in
PhpGroupware it automatically adds them to the imap server with the same
password.  Is that what the QmailLDAP module does?  Without going into
details what software would I need to install to do this?  Presume Linux
(with standard bare load), Apache, PHP w/imap, IMAP, Qmail. I don't mind
getting my hands dirty in the system just would like to make sure it is
possible without alot of special coding.  Please reply to this email also
because I just signed up to the mailing list.

Wayne