Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Understanding LDAP Authentication

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Understanding LDAP Authentication
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:16:07 +0000

What he's refering to is to not use LDAP in phpgw, use mail auth, and have IMAP
auth
to PAM (the default in most systems) and have that auth to LDAP if you wish.
Mail
auth is easy to setup, When you create your admin user, give it a username the
same
as an exsisting user on your IMAP serevr.  Then when you login and create more
account, the phpgw password becomes irrelivant as long as the user exsists on
the
mail server.