Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Sharing a directory in phpwebhosting

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Sharing a directory in phpwebhosting
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 09:40:24 +1100

This is not how phpwebhosting is designed to work.  I would suggest that
use the group based directories which are available in the app.  This is
what they are designed for.

The symlinks are causing it to get confused.  It thinks it is in
home/user1 so when it goes to the dir it is only looking for those files
which user1 put there.

You can also try using the update button everytime you go into the
directory.  This will update the listing, and show all files there.

Cheers

Dave
content-type: multipart/signed; protocol="application/pgp-signature";
        micalg="pgp-sha1"; boundary="=.nO)vFzP+rMzO)="

--=.nO)vFzP+rMzO)=

I'm a little stumped here... I've got five users that all need to be
allowed access to upload, download and edit files from a certain
directory located in the Documentroot for Apache. These users should not
be allowed to have their own private directory for uploading, but should
all be restricted to the same directory.

I found that letting phpgroupware created a /files/home/<user> directory
for each person, then deleting the empty directory and replacing it with
a sym-link will allow those users to place files in the common
directory. However, they're only able to see their own files, and no one
else's. Under Site Admin - Site Configuration, I made sure that "Deny
all users access to grant other users access to their entries ?:" is set
to "No."

Is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
http://www.linux.org/

--=.nO)vFzP+rMzO)=--