Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Infolog and cvs version question

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Infolog and cvs version question
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 23:09:10 +1100

Michal Samek <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Don't give up yet! :)
> >
> > I am not sure what you have done.  I would suggest that you do the
> > following:
> > # cd /path/to/phpgroupware
> > # cvs -z6 update -C -r Version-0_9_14-branch
> >
> > This will grab clean copies of the latest cvs stable version of
> phpgw.
> > I would not recommend using the HEAD branch from cvs in a production
> > environment, but I would use the stable branch (Version-0_9_14-
> branch)> for such a role.
> >
> > As for projects in infolog ... iirc that is not currently
> suppported.
> > But linking to calendar and addressbook is possible.
> >
> > Hope this helps
>
> OK, for me it's so important feature (infolog tied to projects)
> that I
> must try to hack it (yes, I did some rather bigger projects in php;
> during holidays I will try to dig into the code).

We would appreciate this contribution to the project, but it would have
to developed against the HEAD versions of the apps, if you want it
included in a future release of phpgw.

> Anyway if it is supported in the HEAD branch now, I would risk to use
> it. Does anybody know about it's current state in the HEAD branch?

afaik this is not currently avaiable.  The infolog developer is
currently hiking in .nz  - and will be doing so for the next month or so.

This feature request and others which have been the topic on discussion
lately really highlight the need for x app data linking/sharing.

Cheers

Dave