Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Setup/configuration problem

From: Alex Borges (lex)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Setup/configuration problem
Date: 13 Dec 2002 15:55:33 -0600

> After downloading and then copying the header.inc.php I try to login to
> Setup/Config admin and get about a hundred screens full of the following
> message:
> "Warning: Access denied for user: 'address@hidden' (Using
> password: YES) in
> /var/www/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.db_mysql.inc.php on line 90"
>
> I get a similar message when I try to create the empty database, as
> suggested in the documentation on the website.
>
> Did I set some permissions wrong, or am I misunderstanding who the
> db_user should be, or is this a MySQL problem?

Definitevly a mysql problem. Make shure you have the phpgroupware user
added in mysql (i use webmin for this), and that it has proper access to
the database.
About the permission on phpgw files. I wouldnt give subdirectories a 700
permision unless this is all owned by www-data or whatever your
webserver user is. This is because your webserver will not be able to
chdir to a directory where it has no execute permission. Id rather give
755 everything and have it owned by whatever user except www-data,
except for the files directory, that i think you got okay.

On another note I just got a look at a how-to doc chriss is making that
looks like it will solve most problems like this...:).... im shure it
will be out soon.