Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Setup/configuration problem

From: Jacob S .
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Setup/configuration problem
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:20:43 -0600

Yeehaw! Thanks, Dave. Logged in as root,
"mysqladmin -u root create phpgroupware" did it. I've now created a
phpgroupware database, and added a password to it.

I've now gotten as far as installing applications, a test group, test
users, and now I'm playing trying to learn more about how it all works.

Thanks for your help,
Jacob

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 19:04:48 +1100
Dave Hall <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ah ok,
>
> Try using mysql without the -p flag ... i suspect you have no password
> on mysql ... which is really bad - but we can deal with that later.
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave
> content-type: multipart/signed; protocol="application/pgp-signature";
>       micalg="pgp-sha1"; boundary="=.n('4(/r0c6+Wqz"
>

> --=.n('4(/r0c6+Wqz
>
> Ok, the phpgroupware directory and everything in it is now owned by
> www-data:www-data.
>
> No, I was unable to create the database. It kept giving me an access
> denied error similar to the one phpgroupware/setup was giving me. I'm
> logged in as root while trying to create the empty database... I'm not
> sure why it errors. I've tried using root and other valid system users
> in place of "someuser", but it's all to no avail. It just says:
>
> # mysqladmin -u root -p create phpgroupware
> Enter password:
> mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
> error: 'Access denied for user: 'address@hidden' (Using password:
> YES)'
>
> This is probably something simple, but I'm afraid I don't see it yet.
>
> Thanks,
> Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
http://www.linux.org/