Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Setup/configuration problem

From: Jacob S .
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Setup/configuration problem
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:56:19 -0600

Ok, the phpgroupware directory and everything in it is now owned by
www-data:www-data.

No, I was unable to create the database. It kept giving me an access
denied error similar to the one phpgroupware/setup was giving me. I'm
logged in as root while trying to create the empty database... I'm not
sure why it errors. I've tried using root and other valid system users
in place of "someuser", but it's all to no avail. It just says:

# mysqladmin -u root -p create phpgroupware
Enter password:
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: 'address@hidden' (Using password: YES)'

This is probably something simple, but I'm afraid I don't see it yet.

Thanks,
Jacob

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:37:43 +1100
Dave Hall <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok 2 things here
>
> Firstly the whole phpgroupware tree should be owned by
> www-data:www-data.  Secondly did you create the db, and grant the
> permissions?
> content-type: multipart/signed; protocol="application/pgp-signature";
>       micalg="pgp-sha1"; boundary="=.2'SP.sVbW'VHXK"

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
http://www.linux.org/