Re: [Phpgroupware-users] felamimail driving me crazy

From: Bob Crandell
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] felamimail driving me crazy
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 05:11:45 +0000

Dave Hall (address@hidden) wrote*:

>Bob Crandell <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Right after I posted that, I did an update which erased my
>> squirrelmail.  I believe

>> SNIP

>> tarball to you, if you like.  It should be tiny.
>
>Count to 10.  Only stable apps are in the stable branch of cvs.
>Squirrelmail was dropped as of the 0.9.14 release and replaced with
>felamimail.  I am not sure if it is in HEAD, but it will be in the
>Version-0_9_12-branch of cvs.
>
>If we keep old or unsupported apps in stable cvs we have people report
>that the apps don't work.  There is enough work supporting the current
>stable apps.
Since you put it that way, I see your point.  However, it's not too hard to say,
"It's not supported.  Try ..."  Or, "Are you volunteering to support it?"

>As for apps being 'deleted' by cvs updates - this is normal cvs
>behaviour, afaik, as the file is not there in cvs.  I always backup my
>files and db before running a cvs update - just in case.  btw i haven't
>seen the email on the dev list :)
Still, some of those old apps work and are being used.  Not seeing the email
explains why nobody responded.  I had someone explain email as being like a bad
phone call to a foreign country.  Sorry.

>> I normally use the stock email program.  I only use Squirrelmail
>> for searching.
>
>I only use the stock mail app :)
I have mail from the phpGroupware mailing list that goes back to December 2001
and
from the Samba list that goes back to April 2002.  It's nice to be able to look
for
that answer I sort of remember seeing awhile back.  I can hardly wait for the
ability to search across multiple folders.

--
Bob Crandell
Assured Computing