Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: mysql-3.23.53a-1? (Ron Christian)

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: mysql-3.23.53a-1? (Ron Christian)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:36:42 +1100

"Ronald O. Christian" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Apologies for the previous message, I replied to the list and forgot
> to change the subject line.  (Hey, it was late...)

we'll forgive you :)

> >"Ronald O. Christian" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >>=20
> >> Does anyone have phpgroupware working with mysql-3.23.53a-1?
> >
> >What problems are you experiecing? =20
> >
> >It is always better for us if you can describe a problem, so then
> we can
> >pin point the cause of it.  It may be the db or it could be
> something =
> else.
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Dave Hall (aka skwashd)
>
> Basically, all the problems I've been reporting for the last two
> months.  I'm having trouble on the production machine with
> phpwebhosting, felamimail, and nntp administration, all of which seem
> to crap out on some kind of mysql query.  Yet I have a lab machine on
> which all of these applications work.  The phpgroupware code is
> demonstrably identical across machines.  The only significant
> difference I can see between machines is that the one that works is
> running mysql-3.23.52-3 and the one that doesn't work is running
> mysql-3.23.53a-1.  Hence my question.

Ah ok.  I had a look on the mysql website yesterday arvo before replying
to your post.  I have a couple of ideas:

* 3.23.53a-1, the a stands for alpha?
  if so try the final release

* 3.23.54 is soon to be release, the change log is already up ... maybe
there is something there that might help

* i have never use nntp, so can't comment on that,

* i use the stock mail client for email and it works fine, no need for
an db access

* double check your config on phpwebhosting
  - there are a few tricks in getting it to run properly
  - firstly make sure you have a home dir under the files dir specified
in your setup
  - secondly double check the perms
  - do not create the user/group dirs manually - phpwh does that for you

Let me know how you go

Cheers

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)