[Phpgroupware-users] Starting IIS Thread

From: Seibar Ghoti
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Starting IIS Thread
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 17:19:57 -0500

Not sure if this has hit the list. It's bouncing, but I'm getting mail, so I'm resending in case it's me. :)

I'm starting this thread in the hopes that everyone who's managed to get PHPGW to work on IIS will post any tips and traps they've encountered. Also, anyone with a complete working solution could post here. When we've got a complete set of instructions, I'd like to compile them and make them available. I'm very exited about this software, I really think it could be an Exchange killer. However, I've learned that it isn't easy to get an opensource solution into an organization. If we can get this app to work, and work easily, within a company's existing Windows-based infrastructure, then it's easy to convince management..."hey, we've got this solution that you like and works great, it would work even better on Linux than it does now on Windows, and be cheaper". Results work with managers. :)

So, to that end, let me throw my first batch of info out that I've come across today...

My system: I'm running on Windows 2000 Server/IIS 5.0/PHP4/MySQL3. I'm using the ISAPI DLL, however I've found evidence in the archives that I should try the php.exe. I'll give that a try tonight or tomorrow and post my results.

In order to get it to work at all, I had to change filesystem seperators in the following files from "/" to "\\". Using this, I was able to get to the configuration screen and do everything except add users. That's the next thing to fix, as it've kinda important. :)

header.inc.php
phpwapi\inc\functions.inc.php
setup\manageheader.php
setup\inc\functions.inc.php

There may be others, but this is all I remember off-hand. It basically came down to this, if I got an "unable to include..." error, I edited the calling file.

Now, I don't have much experience with PHP, so bear with me if what I did was stupid. :) But, it was a quick and dirty fix that got me a lot further along. But, if this is where the real problem is, perhaps we could set a default separator in the setup and modify the pages to use it? I remember seeing a routine that checks the OS version in at least one of the files and modifies the separator accordingly.

I've gotten to the point now where I was able to add an administrator, and the three demo accounts. Database was updated. I can go in and add applications. The only real problem I have left is that login.php sends me a blank page. There is HTML there, so it's being processed, but I get no login box. I have switched back to using php.exe instead of the isapi filter.

-T