Re: [Phpgroupware-users] All e-mails appear from '@' and aremarkedNo Sub

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] All e-mails appear from '@' and aremarkedNo Subject and have size 1k
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 07:32:39 +0000

Thomas Cameron (address@hidden) wrote*:
>You know, I used to be really impressed with the level of helpfulness I saw
>amongst Free/Open Source Software users.  It's sad that snippy replies like
>this are so common these days.

I'm still impressed with the helpfullness of open source developers.  I still
get
better support than even when I pay for a product. I'm more than willing to
tolerate
and overlook the occational snippy replies mostly because I know where the come
from
and I'm even guilty of it myself, even if I didn't mean to.  We provide the
help and
ask nothing specific in return.  It's not like we have a boss threatening to
write
us up if we're not always cheery and nice, and sometimes a bad day or a
particular
nasty problem that isn't working out can cause us to come off in a bad way.  And
often one doesn't realize it until later.

Then there are certain other end users too.  I hope you don't take it personally
because I don't mean it that way, I just would hope you can understand.  There
are a
great number of things quite well documented on the 'net and quite simple to
locate
with a google search.  I don't see it too often in this forum, but in other
forums
it simply amazes me how many times one person will ask questions that can
easily be
found with a "I'm felling lucky" google search.  (you problem isn't one of the
easy
to find ones btw.)  This can easily raise blood pressures cause someone to snap
at
the wrong person.

I guess one of the trade offs of free support is that it's not always friendly,
and
sometimes you just have to overlook the guys that say things that don't really
help
at all.

On another note, this thread has been jacked 3 times now!  andiwaslike
weeeeeeeeeee!