RE: [Phpgroupware-users] User-by-user application selections

From: Michael Solberg
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] User-by-user application selections
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 20:14:04 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Bob Crandell wrote:

> So you would do something like:
> #!/bin/sh
>
> SERVER="-d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/phpgroupware"
>
> cvs $SERVER login
>
> cd phpgroupware
>
> echo "Get updates to installed modules."
> cvs -z6 update -dP
>
> cd ..
> echo "We're all through now."
> # End script

This might be a little cleaner:

<snip>
#!/bin/sh
# Here's a little script that grabs the latest CVS for phpgroupware

CVSROOT=":pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/phpgroupware"
PHPGWROOT="/usr/local/apache/htdocs/phpgw"

cd ${PHPGWROOT}
cvs login
cvs update
CVSSTATUS=$?

if [ ${CVSSTATUS} ne 0 ]
then
        echo "Oops.  Trouble updating phpgroupware."
fi
</snip>

I don't like my scripts to talk unless there's a problem.  :-)

Also, you don't have specify $CVSROOT if you're in a dir with a CVS dir in
it.  ./CVS/Root will override $CVSROOT.

misha