[Phpgroupware-users] Re: Sitemgr config problem

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: Sitemgr config problem
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 22:55:45 -0500

"Brett Shadbolt" <address@hidden> a écrit:

> Hi I just installed the latest tarball from phpgroupware website and all
> went well except that sitemgr doesn't seem to accept the setup info I
> enter. I had the problem with the admin menu and found a workaround
> concerning commenting out a line in one of the class files - this worked
> and I can now see the admin menu.
>
> But.... I cannot create categories, when I click the add button, it
> hesitates and then does nothing.

that means, you get a blank page? or any error message?

> And... IN sitemgr setup, I enter the url and file path etc but sitemgr can
> never find any templates and when I try to view the site it says that it
> isn't properly installed and I should go to the setup screen again.

this is strange, the version of sitemgr released with 0.9.14.001 had
that particularity that when you entered the
"Filesystem path to sitemgr-site directory", you had to save and then
go to the administrative menu and then go back to the setup page in
order to see the templates you can choose, but all other values should
be immediately visible, and once you see the templates and choose the
one you need, there should be no problem.

> Where is the setup data kept and how can I confirm that it is being
> properly saved when I enter it?

When you save, you should see "Changes saved" and all the values you
entered, besided the little quirk with templates (which is corrected
in CVS now).

> When I try to browse the site from outside phpgw, i.e. simply point my
> browser to the url, it says that the admin hasn't set up any anonymous
> accounts - but I have.

probably the name of the anonymous user and its password do not match
with the values you entered in the setup form.

Hope that helps,

Michael