Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re : [Phpgroupware-users] strangeness with phpgw/ldap

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re : [Phpgroupware-users] strangeness with phpgw/ldap...?=
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:42:01 +0100

Mandi! Lars Kneschke(priv.)
  In chel di` si favelave...

> You are right! I coded it as best matching. It is not perfect.

...there's ever room for improvement! ;)
But i've not understood if the first thing i've sayed (first user/group
created got uid/gid = NULL or '') are known... for some typo i've setup
the account 2 times, and every time succeded this, seems so that the
bug was reproducible...

> phpGW has no primary group. This is something i plan to add, when will write
> the new useradmin pages. And the user can also get his right groupID.

Consider doing this. I think that PHPGW misses only some little things
to became a valuable interface also to manage (general) account
information.

Company Directory would be a starting point for these, but seems that
cannot handle ldap data well... also do some confusione about users and
groups. ;)

ElDaPTir works well in visualization mode, but are totally unusable for
modifing data...

PS: i've tried to rename a group, i think that phpgw drop and recreate
it. Drop works, recreate no. ;)

PPS:

> written with FeLaMiMail
or

;-)

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

        Difendiamo la Legge 185/90 dall'assalto della lobby delle armi.
                Blocchiamo subito il disegno di legge n. 1927.
                          http://web.vita.it/185/
                   http://www.retelilliput.org/petizioni/
                        http://www.banchearmate.it/