[Phpgroupware-users] Clarification apps in 0.9.14.001 release and cvs st

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Clarification apps in 0.9.14.001 release and cvs stable branch
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:52:20 +1100

Hi all,

This is intented to clarify some issues with the 0.9.14.001 release.
While preparing this release we discovered that some apps were still
tagged as 14-branch in cvs. We decided to remove the tags, as these
apps were unmaintained and unsupported, and should not have been
included in the 0.9.14.000 release.

I am sorry that you were not advised of the apps being dropped and
confusion that it has caused. The following apps have been dropped from
the 14 branch in cvs and not included in the 0.9.14.001 release:
* filemanager - replaced with phpwebhosting
* rbs
* tts - this has been readded but is not a supported app in .14
* wap
* wcm - use sitemgr
* weather

All of these apps are still available in HEAD, but unsupported. Use the
following commands to grab them:

# cd /path/to/phpgroupware/appname
# cvs -z6 update -C -r HEAD

Future cvs updates will then update these apps using head and your .14
apps using the stable branch.  Please note the C flag will grab a clean
copy of the file.  This means the old file is deleted, but it should
prevent failed merges.

Apps which are unmaintained and have bugs will not be released, for two
reasons. Firstly it makes the project look bad including broken apps in
a release. Secondly, it means people spend a lot of time supporting the
app, instead of working on improving their own apps.

Again, I appologize to anyone who has been inconvenienced by this
change, and lack of communication. Our aim is to always provide you
with the most stable release possible.

Cheers

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)
Stable Release Coordinator