Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Scalability.

From: Alex Borges (lex)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Scalability.
Date: 27 Nov 2002 11:00:30 -0600

Forgot to mention:

1.- I tried a dual PII xeon 400mhz with all
(IMAP+smtp+mysql+apache+phpgw). Worked slowly, but worked.

2.- Switched to pgsql on the same box. Worked slightly better

3.- Switched to a dual setup. IMAP+pgsql+smtp in the pII box, a fast
athlon 1.3 ghz 700mb with apache+phpgw. Much faster.

4.- Client wasnt happy about speed yet (they are not accostumed to web
applications). They bought me a Dual PIV XEON 1.4 Ghz. I crammed
everything in there, tweaked several things (lingerd+apache+pgsql+kernel
tunning+khttpd+ugly tweaks where php-imap was fsking up). This thing
flies. I know i can cram double the users there. And still can scale to
more machines if i need to.

5.- Bottom line. Youll need some cool apache tunning stuff, id
necesarily get more memory though.

6.- I wouldnt go near OSX as a server ever ever ever if i dont know how
to turn off the graphics things it has. Go check debianppc.