Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Scalability.

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Scalability.
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 15:52:35 +0000

600 users simultanious?  You'll need some apache tweaking, get one of the
webserver
benchmark/stress test scripts and tweak apache to make sure apache neevr uses
more
memory than the server has available.  A default packaged apache+php typicaly
uses
40 meg or more per connection, so you will at least want to disable any features
you don't specificaly need, and might consider compiling it yourself, though
that
can get complicated.

MySql 3.x is ideal to power a web site, but it's a little slow under a lot of
writes.  Might consider using pgsql.

These are just general sugestions, I've never run phpgw under that kind of load.