Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Outlook Tool is ready for download

From: Alexandros Gougousoudis
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Outlook Tool is ready for download
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:59:49 +0100

Hi,

> Let's say that the module will remain free, but surely not open-source:
now

It will definately not be open source. We use the database structure of
phpgw (and maybe others) for our purpose, not phpgw itself. We could
construct our own, it's not so difficult. There is not so much open-source
as you might think, since we can use Oracle or something else too as
database. Depends on what the customer want. What we really need is the
Outlook Integration without Exchange.

> all of as should do beta beta testing for you, and then in the future we
> will not be able to change the code in order to have our features, because
> only you can work on it????

This is the way it goes in nearly 99% of all projects. We have the work and
the rights, we invite everybody to paricipate in the testing and you get the
software and can use it. If you find something and tell us, we make the
software better. You don't have to participate if you don't like, but you
can use the software later. We need to be free in our decision what to do
with the software, because we need the code for other projects, with which
we earn money, pay our rent etc. We don't want to raise our own competition.
This has nothing to do with Hamoa directly, but thats why it'll not be GPL
or oss.

cu
 Alex