Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Error when manipulating IMAP folders

From: Lars Kneschke(priv.)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Error when manipulating IMAP folders
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:05:53 +0000

on* Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:39:51 -0800 (PST), you wrote*:
>I cannot get Felamimail to work. I am running UW imap
>server and default mail folder is ~/mail. I have
>entered the requisites in my Felamimail's 'Custom
>email settings'. When I am in my Preferences setup for
>Felamimail and I click on 'Manage Folders', I get the
>following error message.
>
>Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes
>exhausted (tried to allocate 9097 bytes) in
>/var/www/html/phpgroupware/felamimail/inc/imap_general.php
>on line 20
felamimail trys to allocate more than 8MByte of memory. I'm not sure it this
is so good, but you can configure this value in php.ini. This is security
feature of php, so no one can create a big php process on your webserver
which would allocate any memory. I have set it to 16MByte here.

>Also when I try to open Felamimail I get the message:
>
>Warning: Couldn't open stream
>{server.ctd.net:143}INBOX in
>/var/www/html/phpgroupware/felamimail/inc/class.bofelamimail.inc.php
>on line 698
>
>I can compose and send mail out from Felamimail, but I
>can't see any in my INBOX.
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I have updated felamimail to report the real error message now. It will be
in cvs today evening. This will give you a hint, what will wrong.

I'll send you a message again this evenning.

Cu
--
Lars Kneschke
http://www.kneschke.de