Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Connection postgres error

From: Donald Wu
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Connection postgres error
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:38:50 +0000

If you have postgresql user with a password (not an empty one),
add following line to /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf

host your_pgw_db_name   127.0.0.1       255.0.0.0       password

If the postgresql user have no passsword, relace the word password to
trust

your_pgw_db_name normally is phpgroupware, but it can be any name.

Donald

tof wrote:
Hi,

I've this problem, when i want setup phpgroupware,

Database error: Link-ID == false, pconnect failed
PostgreSQL Error: 0 ()
Session halted.

I've created a phpgroupware user with password under pgsql and created
phpgroupware database (without table). I'm under debian woody3.0 and install
phpgroupware with apt.
Does the database must be created with the phpgroupware user or does i've a
problem with my pgsql server config.

Thank you,
daztof.