Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Infolog problem with cvs integration with calen

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Infolog problem with cvs integration with calendar
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 16:17:13 +1100

"Joel E. Williams, Jr." <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1st off, I don't have a CVS system.  I am hosted on a virtually
> hosted server, Linux with Apache.

This isn't as bad as what it seems.  Grab a cvs client for your local
machine.  Simply check it out to your local machine ... then ftp them to
your hosted server.

> I was reading in the Applications, Infolog, CVS material where it
> appears to me there has been an integration of Infolog with Calendar.

Ralf Becker has been working on this.

> I attempted to download all files that appeared to have changed,
> replaced those files in my infolog directory (after backing
> everything) then uploaded to my server.

This can be time consuming - as you no doubt discovered, and also error
prone.  Maybe try my suggestion above it should be more reliable.

> I tried to register hooks
> from Administration but don't see Infolog in either the Admin view
> and get a blank page when I click the Infolog Menu link.

Have you installed the app in setup - setup/config - manage applications
... then assigned yourself access rights to the app in admin - user (or
group) admin?

> Can someone provide some direction as to how to proceed from here.
> If Infolog has integrated the calendar, I would like to implement
> this functionality.

I haven't played with this feature yet ... but my suggestion above
should help :)

> Thank you in advance for your assistance.

np

Cheers

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)