Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Installation problem on RedHat 8

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Installation problem on RedHat 8
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 04:25:50 +0000

doneg (address@hidden) wrote*:

>I am having a problem with an install of the phpgroupware program on a
>RedHat 8 machine (Using Apache 2). I have updated the program from the
>CVS as noted in the "Can't log in" thread (I had that problem too.) but
>when the phpgroupware starts up I do not get the Administration icon to
>continue the administration process.
I'm going to assume you mean that you cna login as the admin user you created
and
there is no Administration app.  This is typicaly cause by creating the accounts
before installing the apps in Step4.

>While this may or may not have a bearing on the problem, I have had to
>go into all of my php app config files and change the host from the
>machine url to "localhost." This has been something of an issue as I
>have worked for the past four days or so (off and on) to get the
>phpgroupware working. But whether it is a problem now I don't know.

this isn't clear.  What host value in what config file and what probelm did this
solve?  php itself doesn't have a host value and if you put localhost in phpgw's
host url value in /setup then you will only be able to access it from the local
machine.