Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Why can't I login from a different computer?

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Why can't I login from a different computer?
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:53:08 +1100

Kaushik Mallick <address@hidden> wrote:

> Phpgw is working fine on the linux machine it is
> installed in. I am running RH 8.0 and Apache 2. I can
> login with my user account and use the apps. However,
> when I try to log in from a different machine on the
> LAN to phpgw, the browser gives me a 'Page cannot be a
> displayed error'!. I have tried several times from
> different machines on the LAN - all with the same
> result.

This could be caused by any number of things.

Firstly can you access any other pages on this server?

Secondly, can you ping the server using the name that you are using in
the browser?

If you answer no to either of these questions it is likely that their is
a there is a network or server config issue.  Otherwie try the last one.

Finally, try using a better browser that displays the real error
message, and paste it to the list.

Cheers

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)