Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Felamimail crashes

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Felamimail crashes
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:13:37 +1100

Kaushik Mallick <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am getting this following error when trying to launch
> Felamimail. I
> looked thru all the threads and particularly bug # 886. Somebody
> also
> suggested tweaking the class.bofelamimail.inc.php file. I am not
> an
> expert in php. Could someone please provide me simple instructions
> solve this problem. Much appreciated:

I don't use felamimail, but i have a theory :)

> *Warning*: Couldn't open stream {server.ctd.net:143}INBOX in

*/var/www/html/phpgroupware/felamimail/inc/class.bofelamimail.inc.php*
> on line *698*

Is it properly setup in your user prefs and admin config?  Double check
it.

Also try this:

$ telnet imap-server.ctd.net 143

in the telnet session
A001 LOGIN kaushik password
you should get "A001 OK LOGIN Completed" back from the server

then try
A023 LOGOUT
it should just log you out and close the connection

This will test that the webserver can properly connect to the imap
server.

The other errors are all caused because the connection has failed.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave