[Phpgroupware-users] Problems with install

From: Vincent Beaulieu
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems with install
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:01:42 -0500

Hi all,

I am new to phpgroupware, and am attempting to install the tarball (phpgroupware-0.9.14.000.tar.gz) on Redhat 7.3 (using MySQL and PHP).  Everything goes as expected until after I create the header.inc file and proceed to install my applications.

On the Application install page, there is the following MySQL error preceding the setup text “Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/tools/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.db_mysql.inc.php on line 583”.

Below that, it says : “Your database is working, but you dont have any applications installed”

When I attempt to install the applications, I get a page full of MySQL errors: (here’s the first part of them…)

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/tools/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.db_mysql.inc.php on line 583

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/tools/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.db_mysql.inc.php on line 583
Database error: Invalid SQL: CREATE TABLE phpgw_config (config_app varchar(50), config_name varchar(255) NOT NULL, config_value varchar(100), UNIQUE(config_name))
Database error: Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO languages (lang_id, lang_name, available) VALUES ('aa','Afar','No')
Database error: Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO languages (lang_id, lang_name, available) VALUES ('ab','Abkhazian','No')

I have tried starting the install over and over, and have run out of ideas. My permissions seem fine, and I followed all the instructions I could find.

I would really appreciate any help or guidance to get this working!

Vincent