[Phpgroupware-users] Template Error on initial setup using tarball

From: Stephen N. Stremmel
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Template Error on initial setup using tarball
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 09:36:35 -0600

Hello,
I have looked through the the archives and have not found the answer to my problem. Some were close, but they related to the RPM installation, and not the tarball install.

Specifics:
RH 7.1
Apache-2.0.40
PHP-4.2.3
MySQL-3.23.51
PhpGroupware-0.9.14.000 tarball

+++++++

When I go to 'http://servername/phpgroupware/setup/', I get this error:

~~~~~
Template Error: filename: file ../setup/templates/default/head.tpl does not exist.
Halted.
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /www/html/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.Template.inc.php on line 440
~~~~~

class.Template.inc.php - Line 440:
$GLOBALS['phpgw']->common->phpgw_exit(True);
+++++++

I untarred the tarball in my DocRoot, changed the 'files' dir to the web server owner/group and chmod'd the 'files' to 700 (like in the docs). I then added a db to mysql, and created an owner/password for that new db (No Privileges). After the first time that setup didn't work, I chown'd the whole 'phpgroupware' dir to the server owner/group, but to no avail. Both files exist. Do I need to tweak my PHP? I tried Register_Globals 'On' and 'Off', with no change in error.

Any suggestions???

--
Thank You,
Stephen N. Stremmel

/
/Give a man a fire,
/and he'll be warm for a night.
/Set a man on fire,
/And he'll be warm the rest of his life.
/